Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Who's Driving That Rental Truck?

For the past 4 days, I've been running back and forth between Phoenix and Alamogordo, NM. We have been shuttling Aviation Gasoline over there for the big airborne tankers that fight forest fires.

This morning, I left Las Cruces, headed west toward Tucson and back to Phoenix. Just west of Las Cruces, I was passed by several vehicles of a suspicious nature. There were a couple of sedans with really heavy window tinting. Then a small rental moving truck (similar to a U-Haul), followed by a white van with Government plates and several more blacked out vehicles. They were traveling close together and just under the speed limit. When the last vehicle passed me, they all changed lanes together into my lane.

I spent most of the rest of the trip speculating what was in the truck that they were transporting and obviously protecting.

It made the time go by and helped keep me awake.

No comments: